4970 Varsity Drive Boston, MA 02110 | Perm
The Field Inspector will:
- Observe, monitor and record the construction contract work on a daily basis for compliance with our client' s safety, quality, and cost and schedule objectives as defined in the construction contract documents.
- Proactively address field issues as they arise by bringing them to the attention of the Resident Engineer for resolution in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily field reports recording the construction activities, manpower, equipment, materials, and quality and safety issues via the e-Builder system.
- Reads and comprehends contract documents.
- Prepares inspectors daily report of assigned work activities.
- Monitors construction progress to assure proper installation sequences and compliance with schedule and contract requirements and state and local regulations.
- Inspects and documents individual activities performed by the contractor.
- Performs measurement of completed work to date.
- Monitors construction site for contract compliance and safety parameters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree.
- 7+ years of Transit or Railroad Construction Experience.
- Experience with rail/transit yards and facilities preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic file management systems; e-Builder or similar.