Chicago, IL | Exempt Contract
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: Up to $80K, depending on experience
Relocation: is possible, but not preferred
Position: Cost Engineer
Status: Permanent, full time position; forty (40) hours per week
Reports To: Project Controls Manager
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Cost Control for large capital investments and projects of various size and complexity.
- Active participation in the overall cost control process.
- Ensure proper progress tracking and change management systems are in place and effectively functioning in construction and detailed engineering phases of projects.
- Provide proper variance explanation and root causes analysis of changes.
- Perform trending analysis.
- Perform audits of invoices.
- Responsible for monthly cash flow and accrual reporting.
- Assist in the development and improvement of cost controlling tools and processes.
- Forecast TIC and monthly cash flow.
- Assist with monthly accruals.
- Requisition input.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and organize multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite, MS Excel, Office 365.