Electric Relay Engineer
6600 Port Road Allentown, PA | Exempt Contract
Duration: 11 month
Compensation: $50 to $65 depending on experience Per Diem $840 a week/
Work Schedule: 40 hours
Our client requires an electrical engineer to act as the single point of contact for reviewing and approving 12kV customer point of contact and 12kV independent power producer relay requirements for the connection of their facilities toclients distribution.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with distribution relaying associated with high voltage switch gear and generation: e.g. rotating machines, solar inverters, etc.
- Ability to read a write English fluently. The successful candidate will be required to interface with client customers on occasion as well as various departments within client
- Ability to read and understand customer engineering schematics detailing the relaying and control schemes for their point of contact or generator interconnect
- Ability to provide feedback to client customers regarding their specific application and whether it meets client requirements
- Basic understanding of a typical 12kV distribution system and fundamentals of distribution protection
- Must have firm understanding of Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of AutoCAD (no drafting is expected).
- Professional Engineer license (Pennsylvania preferred but not required)
- Experience with system protection and control for distribution systems, particularly around relay control schemes and system protection for interconnect applications.
Description of Work:
The successful applicant will be in charge of reviewing all 12kV customer point of contact relaying for both load customers and generation customers. The applicant will be working closely with client Planning group, Protection Settings group, the Key Account Managers, and the local Engineering Manager to ensure a customer’ s relaying conforms to client requirements. The applicant will also be responsible for any updates needed to client interconnection requirements. It is expected that the applicant will have some contact with client customers, so she/he must be able to reflect client values and professionalism. Typically, the applicant will have about a dozen projects in various stages of review at any given time. The applicant will be responsible for completing documentation for key performance indicators regarding the customer reviews.
Given the cyclical nature of customer reviews, the successful applicant may also be given assignments supporting design work associated with client 350+ distribution substations. Generally speaking, this work will be to act as a Lead Responsible Engineer for smaller substation projects. This work includes the development of a scope document, working with a contract engineering firm to develop engineering drawings, reviewing contractor supplied drawings, issuing drawings to the field, and ordering long lead materials. This work will include things like; 12kV breaker replacements, 69-12kV transformer replacements, 12kV relaying upgrades, etc
Req. #: 126092