4970 Varsity Drive Fairfax, VA 22030 | Perm
We are looking for an Environmental Engineer with 3-5 years of professional experience supporting civil / environmental engineering projects.
Your responsibilities will include-
- Work on-site at client' s office for an initial term of 1 year assisting with design and construction services for water, sewer and streets projects.
- As needed, prepare engineering calculations, plans and specifications. Evaluate alternatives and prepare engineering reports to assist clients and stakeholders to determine which project solutions best meet their objectives.
- Coordinate technical aspects of work including the disciplines associated with a project such as civil, architectural, structural, electrical instrumentation and plumbing and HVAC.
- Prepare engineering specifications for design projects to meet the technical requirements of the project and in accordance with regional and local standards. Review project bids and provide recommendations to the client for contractor selection.
- Possibly supervising or coordinating the work of draftsmen, technicians and others assisting in specific assignments.
- Learning project management techniques and management system.
- Managing tasks on large projects or phases of small projects.
- Developing external client interaction and marketing skills.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a scientific discipline.
- 3 - 5 minimum years of experience since obtaining engineering degree.