1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 Green Bay, WA 54229
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Accuracy of detailed takeoff construction estimates for all disciplines using the appropriate Construction Estimating methods and tools.
- Accuracy of conceptual construction cost estimates from plot plan, single line diagrams, and PID.
- Collection of “ actual” data from the field to improve the speed and accuracy in the development of future construction scope, costs and risks.
- Identification and communication of gaps in Construction Packages prior to release of the packages to Contractors for bidding.
- Documentation and communication of conceptual estimate basis to designers prior to design kick-off so that the cost basis is well understood and can be incorporated into the design.
- Review of the construction estimating activities and results by outside engineering firms for all phases of a project from initial bids to contract addendums.
- Reconciliation and report-out of conceptual estimates versus as-designed estimates to document learnings for incorporation into future conceptual estimates.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years in Construction Estimating related position for industrial facilities.
- 2+ years in Field Construction, Construction Management, or Construction Controls in an industrial setting is a plus.
- Applicant must be experienced in conceptual pipe layout and estimating using P&ID and equipment arrangement.
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of piping systems and piping components.
- Strong knowledge of Construction Industry best practices.
- Ability to analyze Construction Packages and identify scope gaps.
- Ability to conceptualize foundation sizing, piping layouts, structural steel quantities, power and instrumentation routing from plot plans, PID’ s, and Electrical load lists & single-line diagrams.
- Experience with the Sage (Formerly Timberline) estimating software.