Field QC Inspector
1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 El Segundo, CA 90245 | Non Exempt Contract
The Field QC Inspector is primarily responsible to inspect, accept or reject work performed in erection, repair and testing of above ground storage tanks in compliance with applicable codes and specifications.
- Act as a liaison with client/owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and internal departments on quality related matters, as required.
- Perform inspections and witness tests, as required.
- Prepare reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
- Coordinate areas of QC work with other department’ s work, such as engineering, process, etc.
- Perform receipt inspections of material for work area in conjunction with material control staff as required.
- Perform system verification on completed systems to assure correct installation per design specifications and contract documents.
- Control measuring and test equipment, as required to insure accuracy.
- Insure company standards as outlined in the Quality Assurance/Control manual are effectively implemented.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field or a combination of experience and formal education.
- AWS CWI and API 653 required.
- Previous NDE Experience, including ASNT TC-1A Level II RT/PT/UT/MT/VT/LT preferred.
- NACE certification preferred.
- Should have a strong working knowledge of API Standards including 650, 653, and 620.
- Strong understanding of industry practices, processes and standards.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, such as codes, specifications, drawings, and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel.