Process Control Engineer
Mandan, ND 58554 | Exempt Contract
Provides process controls engineering and design support to the major projects group in accordance with direction from Process Controls Lead. Supports process controls execution strategy for major projects ensuring standards and best practices are used by contractors and internal personnel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
- Ensuring appropriate application of specifications and testing, documentation, and project commissioning of all process controls project strategies to meet expectations of internal customers.
- Provides guidance to ensure the quality of the automation portion of major projects, as well as ensuring the designs meet specifications, best practices, and are safe to install and operate.
- Acts as the liaison between the internal process controls engineers and contractor engineering specialists to assure major project automation objectives are achieved.
- Knowledgeable in DCS Systems (preferably Honeywell), PLCs, SCADA, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Instruments, Analyzers, and Process Control Networks.
- Knowledge of Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Studies.
- Interacts and facilitates action with multifunctional teams, both internal and external - Interaction may include, but is not limited to, Process Engineering, Process Controls Engineering, Prepare to Operate, Maintenance, Reliability, Procurement, and IT Teams.
- Responsible to review project documentation, drawings, equipment specifications, HAZOP and LOPA requirements, Management of Change (MOC) requirements, Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) requirements, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) requirements.
- Supports commissioning and start-up process controls activities, including installation, startup, and cut over of the DCS System.