Process Controls Engineer
4666 Faries Parkway Decatur, IL 62526
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of production processes, equipment and operations in the interest of maintaining control devices.
- Develops software programs to achieve desired control processes and troubleshoots problems to identify process and/or controls deficiencies.
- Develops or modifies computer programs for process control functions, writing directions and/or debugging programs as required.
- Maintains a thorough awareness of manuals, publications, and files required to address problems efficiently.
- Troubleshoot hardware, as required, to achieve desired control processes.
- Confers with maintenance personnel in identifying mechanical or electronic problems with production equipment.
- Work closely with engineering project managers in designing, bidding, and implementing control strategies that will control the process safely and efficiently.
- May provide work direction to instrumentation technicians and electrical contractors, and also may function as a team leader in diagnosing and repairing production monitoring equipment.
- Develops and maintains documentation of PLC programs relating to production processes.
- Develops and maintains documentation of computer programs relating to production process.
- Performs control system maintenance and upgrades.
- Available for on-call rotation for off-hours, holiday, and weekend coverage.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety personal protective equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Experience with NovaTech D/3 Process Automation System.
- Experience with various PLC platforms (programming, configuring, etc.).
- Excellent PC operating system skills (Windows 7 ®, Windows Server 2008 ®, and Microsoft Office software applications).
- In depth knowledge of network communication technologies and topologies (Ethernet, DH+, MODBUS+, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of Ethernet, fiber optic networking and network appliances (routers, switches, transceivers, etc.).
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, Electrical, and Process Controls.
- Capable of safely working with and around voltages of 120VAC.
- Project planning, project management / installation, contractor supervision.