4666 Faries Parkway Decatur, IL 62526
This position is responsible for process improvements for a production facility in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up. It is also responsible for assisting in managing day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, process performance and mentoring production engineers. A Process Engineer will typically manage 0 Direct Reports and 10 to 30 Indirect Hourly Reports. This position may work with contractor management for the completion of projects within the department.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects.
· Assist in day to day operations including shift coverage as needed.
· Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations of the department.
· Process and cost tracking.
· Training and mentoring other colleagues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Concern for Quality.
· Strong Commitment to Safety.
· Demonstrated leadership.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Good written and verbal commutation skills.
· Ability to manage personnel and work closely with Corporate departments.
· Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them.