Project Controls - Scheduler
4970 Varsity Drive Richmond, VA 23173 | Perm
- Assist the project manager in developing the project schedules, resource curve analysis and presentation information.
- Track and maintain detailed budget with earned value system.
- Utilize analytical systems, methods and tools to monitor the project and complete weekly and monthly progress reports to management and/or customer as needed.
- Work with the project manager on change orders based on analysis of the reports and identification of potential problem areas.
- Answer questions from the project manager and senior management as a result of project analysis and status reporting. Bring critical issues to the immediate attention of appropriate management personnel.
- Support supervision through preparation, updating and maintenance of forecasts and schedules.
- Develop and track detailed engineering, procurement and construction schedules with construction management. Integrate and assemble data from a variety of sources, including A/E, customer engineering, other contractors, etc.
- Interface with other departments to provide cost/scheduling data for items such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates and resolution of potential work schedule problems.
- Must be proficient with Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project.
- 5+ years of related project controls experience within the engineering/design/construction industries.
- Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project experience required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.