Salt Lake City, UT 89031 | Exempt Contract
Permit to Work Responsibilities
- Provides onsite support to Field Operations, Construction groups, and contractors for all Permit to Work training, SIMOP, and Control of Work related information.
- Provides technical expertise to develop and upgrade procedures, guidelines and standards and implements Permit to Work, and SIMOP’ s changes as necessary.
- Provides technical expertise for development and implementation of Permit to Work, SIMOP training programs.
- Provides, assists and participates in Permit to Work training of workforce.
- Encourages Safe working practice and safety culture at all times. Promotes -Stop the Job- if anyone feels that an unsafe/condition is present.
- Provides guidance and assistance to all signatory authorities using the Permit to Work system.
- Provides coaching, mentors training and assistance to all users of the Permit to Work system, Control of Work expectations, and Isolation / Lock out tag out related task.
- Reviews all permits, associated certificates and documents to ensure compliance to the Permit to Work rules, procedures and regulations. Notifies PTW signatories of conflicting work activities.
- Reviews process, mechanical, electrical isolation to ensure correct isolation standard and procedures Ensures all Permit to Work and Isolation registers are true, audited and kept up to date.
- Responsible for developing and implementing permit to work procedures including all project documentation, manuals, data sheets and guidelines.
- Identify all material requirements to support the PTW system.
- Liaise with the local construction safety department to ensure all PTW requirements are fully understood.
- Responsible for the daily management of permits including the reissuing and timely closeout.
- Liaise with the ops and construction departments safety groups on a daily basis to ensure they understand where activities are taking place.
- Ensure all warning signs and barriers are in place around work areas.
- Receiving & Staging materials either directly from vendors or through clients storehouse.
- Designating storage locations and storing materials appropriately and thoroughly tracking until project is working and installations take place.
- Operating an SAP business system to run basic reports and use as an information tool for identifying material orders, printing project material reports.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge for maintaining material tracking sheets for majority of projects and generating material receiving reports and contractor turnover documents.
- Gathering material documents and maintaining electronic files (PMI, MTRs) of material docs, receiving reports, transfer reports, tracking reports.
- Good communication skills in regards to project materials and flow to other coordinators, planners, construction PMs.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working in refineries, either on the operations side or capital projects.
- Requires knowledge in reading and interpreting construction drawings.
- Good working knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of work order and work permit systems.
- Competent Computer skills in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.