Project Engineer - Senior
Leipsic, OH 45856 | Exempt Contract
The Senior Project Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical engineering information to company supervision and crafts to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and specifications.
• Interpret the design or drawings for crafts installing material.
• Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors.
• Prepare “ as built” drawings, as required.
• Prepare, submit and track submittals.
• Prepare, maintain, and disseminate all required documentation records such as drawing and spec revisions, line and valve lists, progress status reports, and punch lists.
• Prepare, submit, and track RFI’ s (requests for information).
• Review and comment on constructability of design as required. Conduct value-engineering functions.
• Attend meetings with other contractors, client or A/E representatives to coordinate construction effort. Take and distribute meeting notes and Action Items lists.
• Provide oversight to preparation of test packages and turnover packages.
• Obtain necessary building permits and coordinate inspection and testing services.
• Assist the Project Manager and Site Superintendents when necessary.
• Materials expediting, logistics and control.
• Assist with planning and scheduling.
• Prepare and submit Earned Value Reports.
• Ensure all project cost (data collection, field estimating, productivity analysis, budget forecasting) and if required, scheduling (schedule development, updates, progress reporting and problem analysis) activities comply with company and client requirements.
• Represent Company cost engineering in meeting with client, A/E, representatives, subcontractors and others as required.
• Maintain liaison with project management, clients and subcontractors on all controls related items and functions including reporting requirements, budgets and cash flow.
• Insure that corporate cost control and estimating standards are implemented and that all project-related activities comply.
• BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred.
• PMP preferred but not required
• 5+ years related engineering experience.
• Strong skill set in understanding PFD’ s and P&ID’ s; 3D and 2D routing, equipment and piping specifications, and development of isometric drawings is required.
• Knowledge of API, AWS and ACI standards, industry practices and ASME Section VIII is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of basic process design and stress analyses including mechanical designs of supports, guides, anchors, hangers strongly preferred.
• Experience using standard computer programs for design such as CAESAR, STAAD, MathCAD, AutoCAD, COMPRESS, etc., is desirable.