1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 Boise, ID 83642 | Exempt Contract
The Project Engineer assists the Engineering Manager in consistently delivering projects by ensuring the engineering design meets all company specs and standards and Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements. This position has engineering responsibility to provide timely, on budget and quality engineering deliverables that support project construction activities.
The Project Engineer assists the Project Engineering Manager in preparing:
- Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- AFE Package / Decision Support Package (DSP).
- Project Technical Objective preparation (PTO) and Business Engineering. Alignment Meeting (BEAM) execution.
- Engineering Work Package development.
- Procurement package development.
- Development of a Basis of Design (BOD) that is consistent with company engineering standards, and communicated to the engineering and procurement (EP) contractor.
- Project Deliverable RACI Chart updates and coordination of associated document reviews.
- Key Stakeholder Register updates and associated communication requirements.
- Risk Register development, including mitigation of threats to engineering and procurement, development of mitigation measures and follow-up for timely resolution.
- P&ID and 3D Model development.
- Cost and schedule progress reviews.
- Turnover of engineering deliverables to the Refinery.
The Project Engineer also assists by:
- Delivering Engineering activities in alignment with the Basis of Design (BOD) and Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Ensuring engineering and design effort complies with all company Standards and procedures and meet EHS&S and PSM requirements. When a deviation occurs, prepares and obtains approval for all variances to company Engineering Standards.
- Applying inherently safer design principles to enhance process safety and ensure engineering, operations and maintenance requirements are addressed.
- Participating in Project Assurance activities as defined in TO-09-2203.
- Applying Value Improvement Practices (VIP) to optimize project scope and select the optimal process technology.
- Providing engineering support for day-to-day project activities in alignment with documented project goals and objectives. Identifies and resolves issues impacting schedule, cost and quality.
- Ensuring engineering and procurement activities are organized around needs of construction with costs and lead times properly reflected in project budget and schedule.
- Working with construction to identify and develop construction work packages, commissioning procedures and turnover documents.
- Must have bachelors of engineering (preferably mechanical, but not required).
- Experience with HRSG - Heat recovery steam generator.