Project Manager - Small Cap
55 Park Place Paper IR Brewton, AL 36426 | Exempt Contract
- Work will involve project management for managing contractors, schedules, scope development, budgets, checkout, commissioning, start-up and various other engineering/management activities as required.
- Mentor entry level mechanical engineers in the mechanical engineering discipline and capital work process.
- Work individually or with a team to develop the scope and appropriation grade cost estimates for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects and participate in justification of projects, specification reviews, drawing reviews, safety reviews, and other project document reviews.
- Provide detail design or support and provide technical assistance to operations, purchasing and construction management in solving both urgent and long term issues, with focus on mill’ s asset reliability and sustainability.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers and leadership, external suppliers and vendors.
- Work closely with other disciplines to develop all aspects of the design requirements for each project.
- Provide pre and post startup assistance to Construction and Operations to assure that all systems are functioning properly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work occasional weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering Preferred.
- At least 5 years' of mechanical project management experience that must include scope development, bidding/purchase, and installation/setup of heavy industrial and manufacturing equipment.