144 Main Street Plaistow, NH 03865 | Perm
Position - Project Manager
Reports to - Project Executive
Compensation - 100-120k (depending on qualifications) with benefits and relo
Location - Southern, NH
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review and modify original job budget established by the estimating department.
- Review budget with job superintendent and VP of operations for input and revisions.
- Develop a preliminary job schedule for the project.
- Review schedule with Superintendent, Executive Project Director and VP Operations for input and revisions.
- Update job schedule at least once per month with input from superintendent.
- Review construction means and methods with superintendent to improve job performance.
- Purchase major equipment and material.
- Negotiate major subcontractor agreements for the project.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process to insure timely delivery of equipment and materials.
- Manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates, contract compliance, etc.
- Manage preparation of extra work proposals and major change orders.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and review with superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobs on a regular basis to review effectiveness of site supervision, job progress, quality of work and safety on the job.
- Manage change orders, extra work orders, disputed claims, with owner and owner’ s representative to a successful conclusion.
- Resolve major disputes with vendor and subcontractor.
- Process payment requisitions through the owner and his/her representative.
- Mentor the development of job superintendents and provide feedback on performance.
- Keep the senior management staff of the company appraised of job performance and any major conflicts or issues to be resolved.
- Generate verbal and written communications required to meet administrative requirements of jobs.
- Monitor the planning for safety on the job, application of safety rules, regulations, and programs applicable to individual job sites.
- Maintain a positive image of company with vendors, subs, clients and teammates.
- Manage multiple jobs that may account for $15M to $25M in annual volume.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, motivation) skills.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple teammates.
- Thorough knowledge of contract language.
- Thorough understanding of job cost reporting, billing and payable procedures.
This position is responsible for the oversight of teammates and is responsible for the performance management of those teammates.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Travel is primarily limited to Northeast jobsite locations.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience within the construction industry required.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other relevant degree required.
- Experience with Timberline PM Software highly preferred.
- Experience with Schedule software and logic highly preferred.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and safely maneuver around the nearby presence of various construction equipment and vehicles, on an active construction site or production shop environment.
- Prepared to regularly encounter moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and a variety of outside weather conditions.
- Able to climb temporary or permanent stairs, and ladders.
- Able to bend, squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, balance and stoop, reach on a regular basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.