Protection & Control Owners Engineer
6600 Port Road Allentown, PA | Exempt Contract
Duration: 11 month
Compensation: $60 Per Diem $840 a week
Work Schedule: 40 hours
As client on-site Owner’ s Engineer, the contractor, in general, will lead the execution, review, and comment on the work performed by client selected Design Contractor(s) or Internal Designers to ensure it meets client expectations and standards. Typical responsibilities of this role are below:
- Ensure the design appropriately utilizes client established specifications.
- The contractor, in general, will oversee, review and comment on the work performed by client selected Construction Contractor(s) ensuring work meets the design standards set forth.
- May also be required to develop standards on a project basis or program basis similar to below:
- Will arrange a pre-design meeting with representatives from each functional group.
- Will arrange preliminary field walk-downs for the purpose of assuring that the Design Contractor(s): Sufficiently early in the design stage, the OE will review the Design Contractor’ s preliminary designs to assure that the Line Design Contractor; At the Design Complete stage, the OE will review the Design Contractor’ s check-off list; At the Design Complete stage, the OE will review the Design Contractor’ s drawing set.
This Owner’ s Engineer position will be based out of the client General Office. The position may be both office based and field based when required; the determination of work location will be based on workload and activities. Client expects the OE to be flexible in reporting to a field location for field reviews and construction support.
Client expects the contractor to work independently i.e. organize & complete assignments by the set forth and agreed schedule.
Utility Industry experience.
5+ years minimum required.
10+ years preferred.
An engineering background.
Protection and Control (P&C) design experience required – CANDIDATES MUST HAVE DESIGN EXPERIENCE AND NOT JUST OVERSIGHT.
Experience with 69Kv and above required.
Experience leading projects required.
Overseeing other contractors in a supervisory / lead capacity required.
Client is looking for candidates with the following:
- · Circuit breaker controls.
- · Schematics.
- · Line protection.
- · Transformer protection.
- · Substation and transmission line experience.
Req. #: 126201