1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 Canonsburg, PA 15317 | Exempt Contract
Must have strong overall understanding of planning, scheduling, work breakdown structure, critical path method, and earned value analysis.
- Scheduling lead over 6 facilities on a major pipeline project.
- Oversee the work of 4 other schedulers, ensuring their work and reporting is accurate and complete.
- Sit in on the weekly meetings with the respective facility contractors and upper level project directors.
- Act as P6 Administrator (preferred, not required).
- Set resource requirements for the Planning and Scheduling department.
- Identify, analyze, and offer mitigation strategies for project delays, and support transparent reporting to management.
- Ensure company planning and scheduling procedures and guidelines are consistently and correctly applied on projects.
- Initiate, lead, and support continuous regional improvement projects (e.g., methods, tools, processes) to continually improve Planning and Scheduling. Ensure company standards and work processes reflect industry best practices.
Technical Scheduling Requirements
- Develops and updates resource loaded, level 3 schedules.
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items.
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Assigns resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences.
- Assesses actual progress based on site inspections.
- Identifies schedule changes and trends.
- Develops earned value reports.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develops recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.