Site Safety Specialist
1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 Anacortes, WA 98221 | Exempt Contract
- Investigate specific incidents and complaints to identify improvement strategies.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk in various workplaces.
- Inspect sites and identify potential OSHA and safety hazards, documenting recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Apply knowledge related to industrial workplace hazards and accident prevention in their workplace.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review accident reports and document accidents using the proper forms and protocols, inspect facilities.
- Engage in worker safety training.
- Conduct tests of environmental and workplace quality factors to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding radiation, air quality, and other hazards.
- Research and present data related to employee accidents and hazards.
- Install or oversee the installation of safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety gear to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection.
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- 5+ years' of field safety experience in a refinery environment.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Available to long work hours, including nights and weekends.
- The ability to evaluate technical information regarding workplace safety.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- The ability to identify safety threats.
- Ability to teach peers and subordinates safety skills in a concise manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.