Sr Mechanical Engineer
4970 Varsity Drive Phoenix, AZ 85001 | Perm
We are looking for a senior mechanical engineer who has experience leading and guiding the design of building mechanical systems, including; HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection Systems for technically challenging facility design projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance to building mechanical staff both technically and with respect to project budgeting and scheduling.
- Designing and managing the design of complex building mechanical systems.
- Prepare and check engineering calculations, including heat loads, ventilation and energy calculations.
- Prepare plans and write specifications for bidding and construction.
- Initiate and participate in project coordination with the electrical, structural, process, instrumentation and architectural disciplines.
- Prepare and lead the development of engineering studies and reports.
- Prepare and lead the preparation of energy conservation studies, energy modeling and energy audits for commercial and industrial clients.
- Collaborate and coordinate with clients and project managers to prepare scope for project proposals.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience since Bachelor’ s degree.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is Required.
- Required experience designing HVAC, energy and/or plumbing and fire protection systems for campus/university, water/wastewater, semiconductor, biopharmaceutical and/or other technically complex industrial projects.
- Experience working directly with clients to document project scope.
- Ability to generate and understand P&ID' s.
- Familiar with NFPA Standards and Building Codes. Familiar with the principles of energy auditing, and experience with energy modeling software.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS office suite skills required. Must be able to open and manipulate AutoCAD files. LEED and CEM credentials desired.